Monday, March 2, 2009

Rejected Baby Names

Well, after tonight's dinner conversation, it looks pretty certain that if we have a girl, her name will be Makaila (or Mikala.... Makayla....Meecaylah....etc.)

She didn't have any suggestions for boys names. She did, however, veto most of my ideas:

Wolfgang
Angus
Sherlock
Faramir
Indiana
Gustav
Hellboy
Leonidas
Anakin
Elwood
Horatio
Ozzie
Mohinder
Lancelot
Ludwig
Elvis
Nemo
Fabio
Thor
Nimrod
Chewbacca
Adolph
Malfoy
Kal-El
Fonzie
Ichabod



Phhhh... no vision. None whatsoever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We're lucky we had a girl, since we never did agree on any boy names. I remember vetoing Hjalmar, Njord, and a variety of other unpronounceable old norse names.

Anonymous said...

Hey, "Thor ******" has that total assonance to it. I think they'd wonder who the hidden Scandanavian in your closet is, though.

Michaela? The feminine of Michael? how come?

Please don't give her a trendy-spell name.

Maestro said...

She likes the way it sounds, but she's afraid of people constantly mispronouncing it.

I agree, "Michaela" is the way to go. But, of course, you know who gets to win those little arguments.