Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Blues

Okay, this sounds like an argument when you read it, but trust me, it was a much more playful conversation in real life. My wife and I are okay.

In the car on the way to Trader Joe's to get tonight's dinner:

Wife: Well, I haven't gotten my period yet... keep your finger crossed.

Me: .... okay....

Wife:.... are you sure you want a baby?

Me: Of course.... Yeah....

Wife: Look me in the eye and tell me you want a baby.

Me: Not while you're driving

Wife: Come on... you know what I mean.

Me: YES I want a baby... it's been ten years... it's now or never!

Wife: Why do you want one?

Me:...?..... Why? Because I want someone to come visit me when I'm old...

Wife: That's a horrible reason!

Me: Oh come on, in your culture, people have kids so that someone will take care of them when they're old... I just want them to visit. You know... in the retirement home...

Wife: What about creating a new life... you know... from both of us.... parts of us combining to make something new.

Me: .... that sounds like Frankenstein

Wife: You suck.

2 comments:

Q6 said...

OK, seriously? If that's the way your banter goes, my fiancee and I have to hang out with you and your wife WAAAAAY more.

Anonymous said...

fingers crossed for you, though!