Back in Nov of 2009, I was driving home when I hit the last stop light right as the sun was touching the horizon off to my left. The road ahead dipped as it cruved, showing the back side of the homes on my street just beyond as they faced the opposite direction. Their back yards separated from the drop off by a simple mild steel fence and low-cut bushes.
At that particular time of day, the reflection of the light from the setting sun reflected on the windows of the homes perfectly, so that from my perspective it looked as if each house glowed from within, as if they were all burning glorious fires on the inside.
Several times since, I've tried to time it so that I would be at that stoplight at the same time, to no avail.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ah. Those moments are precious, to be enjoyed and not duplicated or sought. Grace arrives; it isn't achieved.
Hope your week has been good!
Post a Comment