Well, the issue over the new phones seems to have stabilized. Actually, it never really 'blew up' to begin with - I was just anticipating a struggle over the data plan as we got further along into their usage. But it turns out that there probably won't be that much to struggle over: I found out how to use wifi connections to avoid tapping the carrier network (I know... some of you have been doing that for years. Give me some slack, I've been behind the technology.) Given that I spend most of my time at home or at work (where I can connect to the routers) I won't be using much of the allotted data transfer pool, unless I feel the need to give a Facebook status update from the supermarket. Even then, they might have a free connection. More and more businesses are offering it as a way of getting people to hang out in their establishments. I did some poking around on the interwebs and discovered that there is a demand for wifi capable phones for that very reason - some people think it may prompt the carriers to reduce their data plan charges to something less expensive.
Anyway - I'm starting to think that living within the 200 MB is very do-able. She's happy, I'm happy. Life is good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment