So my wife asked if she could take Baby Cameron ('Boo-Bear' as I like to call him*) to her parent's place for the week. He's basically been continually sick ever since we put him in day care, and she wants to give him a little time to recuperate. I figured with all the activity I have to do at work next week... well heck, it wouldn't be a bad idea. So today she bundled him up, along with a sizable cargo of baby survival paraphernalia and drove off in the family SUV.
I got to play with him most of the morning. It was good.
My wife's family are the best babysitters in the world. There's six adults living in the house - and between them, they tag team two infants (my brother-in-law's daughter as well) nicely. They also love little Cameron, and constantly ask when they can watch him for us.
Anyway, my wife decided to stay overnight - leaving me alone in Chateau Maestro until tomorrow evening. Despite fantasies of reliving a wild bachelor existence (that I never really lived in the first place) - I decided to use the time to get stuff done.
Having a day to myself seemed more fun in the pre-child apartment days. I'd go rent movies that I couldn't really watch with my wife (no, not that kind of movie... more like movies with vampires or gross aliens and stuff). And play video games until 3 a.m. Cramped as it was, the apartment was always kind of - cozy.
Now I have this two story house that feels too big for one person. I find myself huddling in one room and turning off the lights in the rest of the house. Most of it is spent in my man-cave, a place I don't acually hang out in much because... well it's the only functioning room downstairs - We're really only living in the upstairs area, almost like our old apartment. And with little Cameron having some kind of baby crisis every ten minutes or so - it's hard to tear away for any length of time. But through the weekend it'll be useful because I can shut away in a room that has both a TV and a computer.
When I'm not sequestering myself away, I find myself cleaning in order to further distract myself from the fact that my family is missing. I also turn on all the televisions in the house, so that when I move from room to room, there's something going on.
Heh, some freedom....
* Hey, it's better than "Loofir"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment