My recent past now feels like a lifetime ago. My existence barely changed for over ten years, then seemingly overnight I underwent a massive evolution. It wasn't a surprise, I saw it coming.... like being on a roller-coaster and watching the drop approach... no surprise, but it thrills you anyway.
My life is good. Maybe better than it's ever been. I've been trying not to torture myself with the question: Why didn't I start this part of my life sooner? Homeowner and new father - a lot of people get there in their thirties, not their forties. But there's no way it would have worked - I just wasn't ready to be a father ten years ago - and the housing market in California prevented us from buying anything in the last decade.
No.... now's the time. No other incarnation of me would have been prepared for this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I'm so happy for you!
Post a Comment