So, the good news is that we finally got the house we were waiting for. The bad news is that my wife sat down and figured out our projected monthly expenses, and at best, we'll be barely scraping by. Now, keep in mind that my wife is a finance major, and her definition of "scraping by" is more conservative than most - we'll still have assets available should we get into a hole. It's just that our days of the bi-weekly eating out in a semi-nice restaurant are over. For a while anyway.
It's okay, I figured as much. I also figured that the side cash that I make teaching private lessons would be thrown in the family pot as well. I may still get the occasional DVD/Blu Ray, but for the most part I think I'm going to be getting by on the stuff I already own. That's not too bad, actually. And considering that my finance-savy wife refuses to let us go into debt... well, I think we'll do okay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment