Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Vegas Fall-Out

Well, it was a weekend....

Not as crazy-cool as I would have liked, but it was better than sitting home watching TV. Our little family group ended up being so big, with so many people staying at different hotels... it felt like we spent most of our time waiting for everyone to gather. Maybe I'm just bitter that I lost at slots (1)

Cool: Comfy hotel bed
Uncool: Inevitable battle over the third pillow.

Cool: Buffet brunch.
Uncool: Hearing some dude purge in the mens room stall.

Cool: Watching sexy topless review sitting next to your wife.
Uncool: Watching sexy topless review sitting next to your 80-year-old Dad.

Cool: Hanging out with your cousins you haven't seen in ten years.
Uncool: Being too drowsy to hang out with then until 3 or 4 a.m.

Cool: Quick stop at Baker, CA Starbucks on the way over.
Uncool: 1 hr, stop at Barstow Outlet Stores on the way back.

But here's the creepy thing.... I've seen two dead bodies in my life... both of them on the same stretch of highway in between Vegas and the Nevada border. One of them was this weekend. Yup... they had the poor soul covered, but feet and hands were still stickin out. Of course, traffic was crawling when we went by, so I got a good look. Wierd to think that here I was trying to relax and forget about all the stress of work... and here this guy's problems are over... forever.

Kinda puts a new perspective on things.

1. No joke, y'all... the newer hotels have these slot machines that put waaaaaaay more pressure on betting (and losing) big. $20 used to last me like 40 minutes. This time I lost two 20s in under ten minutes each.

No comments: